Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Pinterest Win! Flexible Seating for my Business Lab! #busedu

I saw these cute "Pinterest" milk crate seats at one of my daughter's classroom open houses a few years ago. Earlier this year, I decided I was going to do that but just never got around to it (and I'm not too handy or crafty).

This summer, I'm trying to be productive, so I finally went to Wal-mart and bought some black crates ($3.47 each), Hobby Lobby for some ribbon and fabric, found hubby's staple gun in the garage, and then ran to the basement for an old "eggshell mattress pad" for the padding. The hardest part? Getting some plywood cut to the right size! I was told Lowe's does it, but seems ours has a broken saw or something. So, I finally found someone to do that part (a sheet of plywood was less than $20). In the end, I made 8 create seats for my classroom. Check it out!

I'm just so proud! I have overload during our Advisory time and occasionally end up with more students than seats. So, my kiddos won't have to sit on the floor as much this year, I hope. And, we are going 1 for 1 (Chromebooks) this year, too. So, there might be times when students want a break away from the big computer desks in the room or need to go to the hallway for recording privacy and they'll have any easily portable seat.

What do you think? Hope summer is going well, teacher friends!

1 comment: