Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

Learning with YouTube Day 28: Adobe Character Animator #busedu #31daysofPD #personalizedPD

As an Adobe Education Trainer, I'm sometimes asked to help with certain activities and today I was working on reviewing AET Train the Trainer course feedback. I must say, the course changes each time they offer it and this time it integrates different areas of the Adobe suite, so this has been super cool to be a part of. The Spark portfolio reflections I've been reviewing have given me lots of ideas for my Multimedia class this fall!

Anyway, Week 6 of their trainer program focuses on Adobe Character Animator, a new program in the suite that I haven't used. So, today my goal was to find a YouTube tutorial that showed me how to use this and to try it out. I think my students will enjoy this.

It's kind of hard to write a "review" or summary of this; if you haven't been in the program, it won't make much sense. But, in a nutshell, you create layered artwork in Photoshop or Illustrator. The layers must be in a folder named something specific. Then, you import those into Character Animator and, using your webcam, it learns your facial features and allows you to talk, blink, or move your head and the character moves, too. You can also use your mouse or keyboard to move the character's body parts, too.

Here's the video tutorial:

And here's my attempt! It's not perfect, but at least I tried!

Have you used Character Animator yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment