Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Learning with YouTube Day 22: 10 Life Saving Adobe Premiere Tips @JustinOdisho #busedu #31daysofPD #personalizedPD

As I am getting into Adobe mode for a presentation at MoACTE coming up this next week, I decided to head over to Justin Odisho's YouTube channel for some education today. I am a super big fan girl of this guy... he is awesome. :)

If you are using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, this tutorial is gold. Essentially, this 10 Life Saving Adobe Premiere Pro CC Editing Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts Tutorial is jam packed with little tidbits to make editing easier. I was aware of most of these tips, but as always, I learned a few new things:
  • Alt+drag to copy for making duplicates; gosh, why I didn't think of that, I don't know. I use that in many other programs, but haven't in Premiere. Useful for duplicating audio if you are looping, for example (yeah, I was still copy/pasting).
  • Targeting timeline tracks: There is a blue box on the tracks and if you turn those off and turn on only the one you want, when you paste a clip, it will paste at the scrubber on that specific line. 
  • C is "chop" (razor blade) and V is quick access to Move tool (just like the other Adobe programs, duh). But, had I thought of it? Nope. I do believe in keyboard shortcuts for making life easier. Oh, and up arrow and down arrow to go to the beginning or end of a clip. Genius.
  • Nesting: He talked about this and I have done this before (just in the past year) and it's really a great tip. Nesting clips allows you to apply an effect to the entire clip all at once (helpful for a fade out when you need 5 lines to all fade out at the same time). I like it because I can just pick up and move a section really fast. 
Anyway, if you haven't been using Premiere for too long (or even if you have) give this a watch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment