Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

Learning with YouTube Day 7: Engaging Minds with Hyperdocs #busedu #31daysofPD #personalizedPD

For Day 7 of my summer #personalizedPD effort, I selected Engaging Minds with Hyperdocs, a GoAnimate video created by Kurt Hurelbrink.

Today, I attended an actual PD event at my school district. Our technology instructional facilitator led a session on Hyperdocs. I've created one in the past that I wasn't super thrilled with, so I looked forward to hearing her perspective today and having work time where we can ask questions and create.

If you teach graphic design (DTP), you might check out my Hyperdoc (it will prompt you to copy it to your Google Drive, and your students would do that as well). Of course, if you fill out the forms, they will go to my forms, so you might want to create your own and change the hyperlinks if you truly wanted to use this activity. I will be using it in my Photoshop class during the first week (end of the first week) to introduce typography/fonts as this is something I can do before we "really" get into Photoshop.

Anyway, after I got home, I figured I'd try to find a related YouTube video for my home PD today. I didn't find any TED talks that I liked enough that had to do with typography (I found a few, but just not what I was looking for!), but I did find this basic introduction that really explains the purpose of using Hyperdocs in the classroom.

The main takeaways are that they can be engaging for students and provide them an opportunity to use interactivity, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking.  To get started, you must:

  • Identify objectives (consider who is learning, what they are learning, and why)
  • Pick a learning cycle (template, structure)
  • Choose a delivery method (Google Docs, Slides, Maps, etc.)
  • Design it (gather content, create experiences, plan for collaboration, provide opportunities for critical thinking, and allow for creativity)


 Take a look at this short video:

No comments:

Post a Comment