Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

Learning with YouTube Day 21: 10 Crazy Websites @GumboNet #busedu #31daysofPD #personalizedPD

Well, maybe today wasn't "real" PD with YouTube, but I fell hard down a rabbit hole thanks to TechGumbo YouTube channel and watched 5 of their videos, mostly on useful websites or free software. However, the one that intrigued me most was the fun site... so that's the video I'm sharing today! It's called 10 Crazy Websites That Will Blow Your Mind!

That might be a bit of an extreme statement, but I'll pick my top two from the list and talk about them.

First, is Radiooooo. At this website, a world map appears. You can pick a decade and a country. Give it a click and you'll hear music from this part of the world from that time period. I'm listening to some current Bolivian music right now. But, I was listening to 1950s Algerian stuff... which is pretty different. It's kind of interesting for a change of pace.

Second, is PointerPointer. Yes, it's pointless (or is it pointing?). Regardless, you point your cursor and they find an image online that is pointing to that exact spot on your screen. After about 20 tries I've learned that people point a LOT when they are drinking alcohol or partying. Fact.

Anyway, it's not a long watch. Take a look. And, if you are daring, click here. Go ahead, I'll wait. Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment