I took a simple poster for The Post and gave it a LEGO spin. They will be required to use masks for selections/blending, adjustment layers (I made his shirt blue), and keep with the "feel" of the original poster, but it doesn't have to be an exact match.
My students maintain a Blogger portfolio in the class, but I am going to have them submit this as a Google Slides project (and embed it in the Portfolio) as I want them to visually include their Layers panel and a "before and after" Adjustments to show me the changes they've made to the original images.
Embedded below is my Google Slideshow I will show tomorrow to go over the project that includes my scoring criteria for mastery and some examples of others I found online (oh, and my Jumanji one! I'm pretty proud of it!). I hope to be able to show you some cool examples from my students in the near future!