Pages

Monday, July 31, 2017

Learning with YouTube Day 31: Vector Portrait in Google Drawings @pomeroyjoshua #busedu #31daysofPD #personalizedPD

I did it! I met my 31 day challenge! Today is July 31 and I have successfully blogged with an educational YouTube lesson review every day this month! I'm pretty proud. Blogging is something that was really hard for me to "get around to" as much as I wanted and I did it! :)

Today, I looked for some sort of activity I might be able to do in one of my graphics classes (Photoshop or Multimedia or maybe even Web Design since you can pick colors using Hex codes) for the first week of school. We have lots of schedule changes, so we don't really start deep content for a few days. And, as a Google school, we have all the Google tools at our disposal. ENTER: Google Drawings!

I found this guy (who is way better than I am) who did a sped up process of creating a vector illustrated portrait (video below) using drawing tools. He talked about his process, so I thought, why not? I'm not saying mine is great, but I tried! There is my screenshot with my "trace" layer and my drawing. I'm not great with shading... I guess everything should be darker but you live and learn.


And if you really want to be impressed, watch Joshua Pomeroy's 50 minute long walkthrough of him creating a Justin Timberlake drawing. This guy is impressive! 


No comments:

Post a Comment