Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Students Tracking Online Course Progress? DEGREED! @degreed

So, completely by accident (that's how I find most things) when I finished my Microsoft Teacher Academy course, I saw a neat little button saying I could "get credit for your completed MVA courses" on Degreed. I was like, um, what's Degreed? And, strangely, I could just not find much information about it online. So, I clicked on it to learn more.


On their website, you'll find this explanation, which is pretty interesting. So, I signed up and got an account. It was quick.

It took a little looking around to figure out how to "connect" my MVA (Microsoft Virtual Academy) account as I had to make my profile public and "share" my courses (under Integrations). But, I eventually figured it out. What's even cooler is that you can connect many other online learning venues! That's really neat. In my Web Design classes, my students work through module on Codecademy and that was on the list!  They also had CodeSchool, Kahn Academy, Udemy, and more. So, if you use some online learning in your classes, students could actually connect many of these accounts and this Degreed website will keep the "list" of complete courses in one nice spot. You do have to click "Import" above the Integration when you wish to update it, though. 

So, here's my Degreed page. I've done the MVA OneNote online class and a Codecademy online class on making a webpage, so it lists both.  Screenshots below or click here


Anyway, just thought I'd share. I think helping students to keep track (in an official way on a site that will verify that they actually completed modules) of their online learning, especially if it's part of your course or even a "side project" in your class is super cool. We are adding student growth as part of teacher evaluations in Missouri this year and I think showing these completions, which include the month completed, will help document some of that.

What do you think? I absolutely love this as a way to track self-directed learning and hope it will be motivating to my students!

26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training

    Hibernate Online Training Hibernate Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing blog, and it helps students.Thanks for sharing
    Java Online course India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome website with awesome articles keeps up the good work.Online Coursework Help

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very good and useful for students and developer . Learned a lot of new things from your post!Good creation ,thanks for good info Oracle SOA Online Training
    .Net Online Training
    Java Online Course

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing valuable information with us, check it once at MSBI Online Training Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  7. To get good result in your competitive exams one must focus on creating a good preparation time table and the procedure as well. Before starting the study, you should try to collect all of the prep books in hand for the ease. I also have joined one of the LSAT Prep Courses and even downloaded the eBooks as well as the sample papers in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Learn salesforce online training by real time expert with real time scenarios and in-depth explanation of the subject. Salesforce makes revolutionary business applications, cloud servers, generation of leads, faster deals, selling, servicing and marketing smarter. Through Salesforce Online Training you are also able to learn Salesforce CRM Development, Salesforce Classroom training, Administration and Salesforce.com Integration modules with different concepts by each and every module.

    salesforce online training

    ReplyDelete

  10. Naresh IT is having 16+ years of experience in the software training industry, Providing classroom, online, weekend, Corporate training,
    Internship, Academic projects at Our Branches. We Offer Online Training by a team of expert trainers in Hyderabad, Chennai, Vijayawada, Bangalore, India, and the USA Providing courses like PHP, Data Science, Salesforce Training, Python, Javascript, selenium, big data, Oracle
    by Industry Experts.

    Best Devops Training Institute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! corso gratis lingua dei segni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. nature and environment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot for sharing such a good source with all, i appreciate your efforts taken for the same. I found this worth sharing and must share this with all.




    Dot Net Training in Chennai | Dot Net Training in anna nagar | Dot Net Training in omr | Dot Net Training in porur | Dot Net Training in tambaram | Dot Net Training in velachery





    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    machine learning internship

    ReplyDelete
  15. It didn’t spring to us suddenly to name this brand after that, but the idea came to us somewhere along the way. unsweetened beauty initially started as an Instagram page where the both of us, having struggled with our own skin, wanted to share science-backed, easy-to-understand, trustworthy skincare information. From day 1, we had started working closely with dermatologists, making sure all the information we put out was expert-backed. As a result, we were able to have incredible conversations with all of you about your skincare struggles, your questions, your journeys are honestly what made us think hey, what about if all any of us really want is a go-to place for all of your skincare needs, prioritizing knowledge first and a collection of skin-expert created products to meet your every skin need? We always knew that your skin doesn’t fall into any one category, state, condition, and realized that’s we want to help you through that oftentimes complicated journey.

    unsweetened beauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. It didn’t spring to us suddenly to name this brand after that, but the idea came to us somewhere along the way. unsweetened beauty initially started as an Instagram page where the both of us, having struggled with our own skin, wanted to share science-backed, easy-to-understand, trustworthy skincare information. From day 1, we had started working closely with dermatologists, making sure all the information we put out was expert-backed. As a result, we were able to have incredible conversations with all of you about your skincare struggles, your questions, your journeys are honestly what made us think hey, what about if all any of us really want is a go-to place for all of your skincare needs, prioritizing knowledge first and a collection of skin-expert created products to meet your every skin need? We always knew that your skin doesn’t fall into any one category, state, condition, and realized that’s we want to help you through that oftentimes complicated journey.

    best skincare products

    ReplyDelete