Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Making Money from Lesson Plans?

I'll admit. Those of you who know me know that I provide lots of resources for FREE. I do workshops that I get paid to do and provide the resources online on a Google Site free of charge, even to non-attendees.

However, I attended a webinar today on "How I Made $5000 Online Selling My Lesson Plans" and thought... hmm. I do like money. She mentioned Teachers Pay Teachers, which I have used for some resources (not really for lesson plans or anything like that; more like classroom management, forms, etc.). And, I have never paid for anything (I like free). She also mentioned Syllabuy, which I had never heard of. Apparently, my business teachers friends haven't either as I searched the "Business" category and only one thing came up.  I figured I'd set up my storefronts while the webcast was running...

So, here's my Syllabuy storefront with nothing in it:

Yeah, it's not fancy. And, I don't foresee really putting much on here, but I might make a few free things and test the waters.

And, I have been a member of Teachers Pay Teachers for a long time, but I did set up a storefront there, too (didn't realize I had to do something extra to be a seller):

She taught me quite a bit regarding tips for running a store online, how free members get very little of the purchase price, how some seller sites (TpT) charge a fee if the shopping cart is lower than $3, and how to provide links to "similar resources" like Amazon does to increase sales. 

I've been perusing TpT this week for first day ideas and ran across this "back to school board game" that looks cool (it's for 1st-4th grade, but has inspired me to maybe make a "tech" board game for my kids!) so check it out (FREE)-->  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Activities-1310541

So, I don't intend to spend a lot of time on this online store stuff. I would like to revise some of my current classroom forms and maybe I'll share them for free. We'll see. :)  


2 comments:

  1. Well... I made my first one to share! Here it is!
    https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/High-School-Back-to-School-First-Day-Board-Game-2012559

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me. Mi Nuevo Credito

    ReplyDelete