Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

#freebie #busedu Back2School Web Design Class PowerPoint

Today, I decided to revamp my Web Design PowerPoint a bit. This is mostly what I did last year with minor modification. So, sharing with all of you. Here it is and you can feel free to modify and use if it works for you or just use it for some inspiration.

I start off this class like the others with some basic need to know stuff before this PowerPoint. Then, I begin taking about how helpful taking a coding class, as we are heavy HTML/CSS coding in my class, can be for them.

For our "fun stuff" we do two activities:

  • What Animal Are You? Online Quiz

    • They take the quiz online (it's 21 multiple choice questions) and then get up and put their name in the box on the wall of the animal that was revealed to them. 
    • Then, they share with their neighbors whether they agree or disagree with the results. They can chat quietly and get to know about each other's personalities a bit this way while others are finishing up. 
    • Sometimes, if there is time, I will have them get into their animal groups. If I was feeling goofy, I might provide masks of each animal... but my school frowns on masks. :)
  • Common Denominator
    I made this up a few years ago and I have one big rule (that they don't know)--all of the boxes describe me! My daughter suggested I make all of mine be about summer this year, so that's what they are if you click the link above, but previously, I used this one which was more general:
  • Oh, grayed out (the final slide) is a "placemat" activity I keep as a "just in case" activity to help them get to know each other. I didn't need it last year, but you can read about it. Sometimes, high school kids like to get out the crayons, too! And, I have them brainstorm terms associated with web design, so it gives me a picture of what they might already know. You could even use it to open day 2.
So, there you have it! That's what we start with in Web Design. If you teach the class and have ideas for any fun activities, please share! And, if you use any of the resources, would you leave me a comment? I prefer to upload these to Teachers Pay Teachers to make it easier to track how many people download, but since these are pretty specific "computer education" stuff, I figured I'd just link them from my OneDrive here.

Happy class planning!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details.
    web design

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing Regards: Web Design Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this piece of useful information. Withs Technosolutions is a leading website design, mobile app development and website development company in Gwalior & Indore. We have a team of Professional Web Designer and Digital Marketers For more information visit our site: website designing company in indore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate this piece of useful information. Withs Technosolutions is a leading website design, mobile app development and website development company in Gwalior & Indore. We have a team of Professional Web Designer and Digital Marketers For more information visit our site: website designing company in indore

    ReplyDelete