Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

edcamp Global 2015 Reflection

Man, this has been a fun event! It's not quite over, but I'll have to catch what I can after I run around (back to school shopping and a birthday meal with my hubby since his birthday is today). If you did not participate in the edcamp Global Event (on Twitter? Search for it with #ECG2015) it was such a neat time to network with other educators and hear from those who are truly passionate about teaching.

If they leave it up, you can probably access the Google Hangout or Google Plus sessions by clicking on them (Hangouts on Air are archived automatically to YouTube. So, check it out if you get time and are interested. I love PD that isn't boring, is customized to what I'm interested in (I can pick!), and that I can participate in from home!  Here is the schedule:
http://edcampglobal.wix.com/edcamp#!schedule/c1204

This was my first "real" time  using a Google Hangout. I played around with an unlisted live hangout the night before and after 5 computer crashes, updating video and display drivers, and then coming to grips with having to use Internet Explorer to record the actual Hangout... and a crash 3 minutes before it started... I made it!  It was a cool experience. I've done many live events, but they have always been in person or Twitter chats. So, this was new for me.

Here's the link to my event page and my 25 minute video presentation (FFWD about 26 seconds) on Awesome Google Chrome Extensions.
https://plus.google.com/events/csn2j8gglgeveof17hdodquva2c 




Some of my favorite sessions so far have been about some new technology tools, interactive student video creation, creating QR codes in Sheets, using Google tools (Drive, Slides, etc.), and just connecting to so many professionals on Twitter. My brain is so full! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment