Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Getting Ready...Articles with Shady Stuff for Kids

Well, I got my class numbers today. I have four courses this semester-- Adobe Photoshop, Web Design, Multimedia/Digital Video, and Advanced Computer Applications (dual credit MS Office). Only one class is totally full (which is awesome since I had a computer that wouldn't turn on after sitting all summer!) and some are around 20, which is most ideal for my computer classes.


Anyway, as I was preparing an activity for my Photoshop classes on Photoshop and the media, I realized a common problem: the article had some questionable content. There were some screenshots that included profanity and some ladies in lingerie (and I realize they probably see all of this in magazines and online daily, but I don't want any parents up here angry at me!). So, I needed to get those off of there!

One of my Google Chrome extensions that I use to generate a PDF file (often blogs are blocked at my school by the firewall so I have to PDF articles frequently so students can read offline) is called Print Friendly & PDF.  I have only used the extension, but I read that you can create a shortcut button and use it in other browsers as well (so I tried creating the link on the Favorites bar in IE and it worked like a charm).

I created a short video that shows you the steps and just how easy this is to use. So, take a look! (click bottom right corner to enlarge screen)


Hope this helps someone. Back to work!

In case you are interested, here's my Google Hangout recording from EdCamp Global on several Google Chrome extensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment