Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sharing My First Day Classroom Scavenger Hunt! #busedu #getupandmove

It was a teacher workday at school this afternoon and I thought it would be a good time to try to come up with something new for my classroom. So, I decided to create a classroom scavenger hunt that I will hand to students as they walk in the door Thursday. I'll admit, I am borrowing the idea from my fifth grade daughter's teacher (we had open house last night).

After they have completed the activity, I'll take some time to talk about my class, including sharing pictures from previous year of projects in Multimedia and Photoshop. Then, we'll do a few housekeeping things since I teach in a lab (making sure they can log in to the machines, access their user drives, get to the shared drive, etc.).

Here's the link (Google Doc) in case you'd like to make a copy and edit for your own classroom! I thought this was a little better than find your seat, sit down, and wait. Plus, I can't ever pronounce names so hopefully this will help me!  Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Do you change this up year after year, or do you complete the same scavenger hunt at the beginning of each year/semester with each class?

    ReplyDelete