Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Flubaroo New Thing! Cool Google Stuff! #flubaroo

I've used Google Forms and graded with Flubaroo many times. However, I hadn't used it in the last year due to our school adopting My Big Campus. But, My Big Campus is going away and thus, I am stuck transitioning to other things this year.

So, back to trusty Google Forms I went! Of course, you can't have multiple versions of exams or shuffle responses and stuff like that, but that's okay. My most excited moment today was realizing Flubaroo had updated some things and added AutoGrade. And the best thing? It emails students their scores as they finish! WHAT?!  I hated waiting until everyone was finished to be able to tabulate grades.

I did find a nice blog of theirs that tells about some of the updates (which apparently happened in December, oops!). It's here--> http://www.flubaroo.com/blog

Other fancy changes include setting your email as the return address, changing what your "pass" score is (defaults to 70% and highlights the kiddos that don't do that well), and one that I am sure I will use SOON, which is a new feature that came out in July called "Grade By Hand" that you can set in the grading options so you can very easily look at the questions you want to hand grade, assign a value, AND enter notes for the student that will be emailed back. I'm seriously giddy right now.

The email they get looks something like this and you can choose (as always) to have the answers sent with it if you want them to be able to study. I like to use it for quizzes prior to a "big test" in my class.

So, just sharing! I love Google Forms!


No comments:

Post a Comment