Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

New Google Sites! And My RPDC Workshop Coming Up! #busedu

A few months ago, I was asked to present at the Google Fest being held at Southeast Missouri State University next week. I have been using Google Sites for years, so I was eager to volunteer to do that one (and it's an application not as many are familiar with).

However, recently (just this month), Google announced a HUGE upgrade coming for Sites! I don't have access to it (early adopters are only Super Administrators for schools or Google for Work and I'm not one of those fancy peeps), but let me tell you. It. Looks. Awesome. Drag and drop. Responsive layouts. Don't take my word for it. Check out this video:

Yeah, I am psyched! Of course, I have to give a session using the old Google Sites next week, but I'm sure it will be fine. It's still pretty easy to use.

And, as my mastery project for my Google Chrome Classroom certification, I created a 6-part tutorial on the current Google Sites, showing how to create a student portfolio using the application. You can log in with your Google account to access if you'd like to take a peek! It's self-paced and includes "test yourself" questions along the way. Sophia is pretty cool if you've never used it.


Are you having as much fun learning this summer as I am!? :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment