Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

PowerPoint Kiosk Project #busedu

Well, it's getting near the end of the school year and our days are numbered. And, that means I don't have sufficient time for the project we did last semester in Advanced Computer Apps for our PowerPoint unit... so, I made a new one!

This is my example (made up today) for my "Personal Kiosk" Project. It's a timed PowerPoint with specific "rules" and requirements.  It shouldn't look like a traditional PowerPoint and not a bunch of bulleted lists. They must:

  • Teach me something “star quality” about yourself
  • Give me some FACTS (if you are a video game star, it could be all about that… or a mix of things)
  • Tell a personal story through fast-moving imagery
  • Keep me entertained
  • Make it professional (think “infographic” and visual and less “text” and PowerPoint-y)




The scoring guide, if you wish to use or adapt for your own classroom, is here. I will have my students drop theirs into a Google Drive folder for grading (and I am old school and have a USB drive we'll float around). They must export it as a movie file so it plays automatically. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment